Bolton Conservation Trust is holding its second annual SCARECROW CONTEST. Here's how it will work:
1. Pick up your pre-made stake at the special box on the Common (or make your own). First come, first served!
2. Make your scarecrow! Get creative! Not all scarecrows need to be straw hats and stuffed shirts. You can turn your favorite superhero, animal and even monster into a scarecrow. And if you’re a local business or organizations looking for a fun way to celebrate fall, then turn your logo or mascot into a scarecrow.
3. Join us for a "staking party" on Saturday, October 21st from 9-11am where volunteers from the Trust will be on hand to help your stake your scarecrow. And you can enjoy some cider donuts and refreshments! If you want to make a scarecrow but are unable to attend, just let us know at BoltonScarecrow@gmail.com.
4. Once your scarecrow is staked, snap a photo and send to BoltonScarecrow@gmail.com.
5. The top three scarecrows will be awarded on Halloween and win gift certificates courtesy of the Bolton Bean.
Save the Date: Christmas Tree & Menorah Lighting on Dec. 10th
November 1, 2016
A Call for Community Support from the Bolton Conservation Trust President